Thursday, May 28, 2009

Moving Data From Dynamics SL to MS Office - Part 1

Not to sound trite, but probably the most common method of moving data from Dynamics to the MS Office Suite is just the old fashioned manually copying the data.

I have 2 screens and it's amazing how often I use this method. I open Excel in 1 screen and Dynamics in another and then I just manually copy the data into Excel.

It's not eloquent, nor is it difficult, or even esoteric; but it works in the real world.

For instance, there's lots of times I need the correct spelling of an employee's name in a document. Open the document, open Dynamics, and just type the correct spelling. It works.

So as we begin to build a toolbox of ways to get data from Dynamics SL into the MS Office Suite, oftentimes manually copying the data is the preferred method.

John

No comments: